Continuing our lessons on cooking vegetarian and vegan recipes we now want to learn the pineapple tart recipe.In order to prepare a pineapple tart you need the following ingredients:-
- four cups crushed pineapple, undrained
- two third cup flour
- two teaspoons grated lemon rind.
- 2 teaspoons honey.
How to Make a Pineapple Tart
- Stir pineapple and flour together.
- Simmer, stirring until thickened
- Remove from heat; cool slightly and add grated lemon rind and honey.
An Alternate Method: To make turn overs, cut unbaked rolled-out dough into 4 inch squares or circles. Put filling on one half; moisten edges and fold into triangles. Press edges together with tines of a fork. Prick tops. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit about 15 minutes or until delicately browned. These are nice for picnics and lunches.
- For sweeter filling soak prunes in apple juice instead of water.
- Use other fillings, such as date butter or Apricot Butter, cooked of fresh fruit covered with a glaze.
- Use dates or figs instead of prunes.
- Instead of whipped topping, sprinkle tops with sunflower seeds.